Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two that make me smile

TMO, a known Waffle House connoisseur, loved to tell this story, and I loved to hear it. After finishing a meal at the WH, he went to the jukebox and played a sampling of the Waffle House family songs. Upon hearing a few bars of the first song a waitress approached him armed with a spatula and said, "If you EVER play those songs again, I'm going to kill you." It was much funnier coming from T because he was able to convey the seriousness of the situation. He really believed she was going to use that spatula. 

Another. In the midst of a conversation about who knows what, at Grinders Coffee house on Greenville Ave., TMO unleashed a spoken word rendition of 'Godzilla' by BOC (he knew that I fetishized Godzilla and Mothra). It came out of nowhere leaving me a giddy heap on the floor. From that day forward I prodded, begged, and bribed him to do it again. He always refused, saying that he didn't want to ruin it. He said it was special and for him to do it again would taint the original performance. I really wish he had done it again. 

m. booth

No comments:

Post a Comment