Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From: Melissa "Mel" Roberge, Albuquerque, NM


Hi, my name is Melissa "Mel" Roberge and I have known Temo since 1985 when he was about 18 and I was 16. I would greatly appreciate it if you could publish the following in Tmories with the only photo I have of him.

Thank you for putting the blogger site up for those of us that loved and knew him.

thanks,
Mel


My most heartfelt condolences go out to Temo's family. Thank you for letting us play with him. He played very well with others and shared his toys whenever needed.

This photo is of Temo & I, Summer of 1985, in Dallas, Texas. We, w/ our friend Kristin Lavery in tow, were on our way to see the Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young reunion tour at the (then) Coca-Cola Starplex outdoor amphitheater that night. The concert was sold out, but we didn't worry...Temo had a plan! At that time the amphitheater was still under construction with chain link fencing around it instead of walls. We sat on a piece of grass in the parking lot where we could see (slightly) and hear the show for free. It was a very fun and memorable day! I was 16 years old...Temo was probably 18.

My friendship with Temo grew over the years. In our early and mid-twenties we would meet at various bars and coffee shops around the Dallas lower Greenville Ave area to play 'bones'. He never went anywhere without his dominoes back then. He taught me to play one of his favorite games, Texas Chicken Foot. (He loved squawking like a chicken when he played his last domino.) 

Eventually I moved away from Dallas, but our friendship didn't end. He would come to Albuquerque to visit or stop by as he passed through to another festive adventure on his calendar. He liked skateboarding the ditches here in Albuquerque, specifically the Indian School (drainage) ditch. (He raved about the smooth transitions and length!)

Sadly, this is the only photo I have of Temo. (All the rest are in my head.) As sad *sniff-sniff* as I am at his passing, I know he wouldn't want me to dwell too long in that sadness. I feel lucky to have known him...*bah-qauwk*

Melissa "Mel" Roberge
Albuquerque, NM
ms.mellymelr@gmail.com

p.s. I welcome any of his friends to stop by Albuquerque to say hi, throw down some 'bones' or skate the ditches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment