Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From: Traci Beasley, Dallas, TX

Even though it had been nearly 10 years since I last saw Tmo, the fact that he is no longer here to spread the "Tmo love" breaks my heart.  And, after reading all the great stories on the blog, I know that Tmo was still the funny, sweet, lovable guy I knew back then!  I don't know how these stories will translate in written form, but suffice it to say that they have been with me for a long, long time!!

Tmo came by the house one day and said he was thinking about me. He had seen a documentary on channel 13 (PBS) the night before. It was about brain surgery in ancient history; and he proceeded to give me a very detailed description of how this was done.  After he effectively grossed me out, I asked why that made him think of me.  He said "it's called trepanation; isn't that your last name?"  (No, Trapani.  But he was close!!)

Tmo, Lea Ana and I got lawn tickets to Lollapalooza II at Starplex (or whatever it was called).  Even though it was a typical Dallas, heat-stroke inducing summer day, I was really worried that it would rain.  Luckily, Tmo was there to calm my fears:
 "Are you made out of sugar?" 
 "NO"
 "Are you made out of shit?"
 "NO"
 "Well, the only things that melt in the water are sugar and shit - you'll be fine!!"

Much love TMO!!!

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment