Monday, February 2, 2009

From: Steve Chadie, Austin, TX


Today I went on a long ride in the Hill Country as a tribute to TMO.  I headed west to kick it off in Llano with some BBQ at Coopers.  Then out to Mason, over to Fredericksburg, down to Boerne and back through Wimberley, arriving at my house in South Austin right at dusk.  It was 265 unforgettable miles and I felt like he was in the wind in my face the whole time.  The reason for me posting this is that I wasn’t going to go ride fearing that I would be bummed the whole time.  My wife came into my room and said  “Don’t make me come over there and thump on you…” which is what TMO always said to me when I wasn’t acting right.  She told me he would want me to go.  She was right.  TMO would want us all to keep doing all the things we used to do with him.  He wouldn’t sit around bummed out and he wouldn’t want us to.  This was the most therapeutic thing I have done since he passed.  He lives in the love he left behind and that love is stronger than ever as long as we keep on truckin’ with him in our thoughts and hearts.  I welcome anyone who finds themselves headed to Austin to ride with me on the roads me and Tim used to rip up.  Call me anytime and we can keep the love alive by continuing to do what TMO loved to do.  Thanks.


Steve Chadie


512-293-6898

No comments:

Post a Comment