Tuesday, September 8, 2009

From: Aine Malone, Santa Fe, NM

meeting tmo...wish it were some grand story. but when i moved to dallas to go to school i knew noone. and i would go into grinders on greenville and tmo one day just starting talking to me about dominoes. i found that fascinating. i grew up in the back woods of east texas so i know my dominoes because my whole family are FANATICS...all the games..42 and on and on. TMO knew them. I had never met someone who rode a vespa and listened to cool music AND knew dominoes. enlightenment. tmo was just himself. not trying to be anything else. domino playing. would talk to a stranger and then engage them enough to pull them in and suddenly he was your best friend.

2 comments:

  1. "meeting tmo...wish it were some grand story."

    I wish everyone would write about meeting T.Mo, I knew him for so long I don't remember where on when we met?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I called my Mom when this thread started to see if she remembered when TMO and I started hanging around together and neither one of us could put a stamp on it. He's just always been there as far back as we can remember. Been looking for some pictures of us in high school to scan and post. I'll find them sooner or later and put them up.

    ReplyDelete